Flash&Go Infinity - How to Use
How to Use the Silk’n Infinity Hair Removal Device
- Remove all jewelry before use.
- Before treatment, the skin should be shaved, clean, dry and free of any powders, antiperspirants or deodorants. Do not wax, pluck or tweeze the hair out.
- Be sure to cover up tattoos, moles, warts, large freckles, black spots or other marks on the skin that should not be treated. Use a material that does not absorb the light, such as a white cloth or white medical tape.
- Press the control button. The device will turn on, the level 1 energy level indicator light will be on, and a fan sound will start.
- Approximately one second after pressing the control button, the ready/skin tone warning indicator light (green) will turn on. The device is now ready for you to trigger the first pulse at the lowest energy level. Always start at energy level 1.
- Select the energy level you are most comfortable with.
- Place the Infinity’s treatment surface on the skin and press the pulse button to deliver one pulse. Make sure your hand touches the base electrode together with the pulse button.
Note: The galvanic treatment works to enlarge your pores for a better application of the treatment. If you do not make hand contact with the base electrode, no galvanic treatment circulation will be emitted.
- Press the pulse button. The device will first determine your skin color. If the skin color is light enough for safe application, the device will activate the galvanic circulation. You might feel a slight tingling sensation. This is completely normal. Directly afterwards, the device will flash a pulse of light onto your skin, and the ready/skin tone warning indicator light will turn off. You will see a bright flash of light and simultaneously hear a popping sound, which is a normal noise for the device. You will feel a mild sensation of warmth and tingling. The device will immediately recharge for the next pulse. After a few seconds the ready/skin tone warning indicator light will turn on again and start blinking slowly when pressed against the skin.
- Remove the Infinity treatment surface from the treated area of skin.
- Decide if you wish to treat the area by gliding or pulsing (read more below about the difference between the two treatment styles). If you are pulsing, place the treatment surface on an adjacent part of your skin, and trigger a pulse. If you are gliding, hold the pulse button down continuously and slide the device smoothly along the treated area. Keep pulsing or gliding until you have covered the target area
- To make the most of the Infinity’s treatment benefits, apply moisturizing cream to treated areas following treatment. Because of the galvanic energy, your pores will be open, allowing for deeper absorption of the cream, leaving your skin more hydrated and improving tone and texture.
Hair removal treatment plan
A typical full hair growth cycle may take 18 to 24 months. During this time, multiple hair removal sessions will be required in order to achieve long-lasting hair removal.
The efficiency of hair removal varies from person to person according to body area, hair color and how the device is used.
Here’s what a typical hair removal plan should look like during a full hair growth cycle:
Treatments 1 to 4: Two weeks apart.
Treatments 5 to 7: Four weeks apart.
Treatments 8+: Treat as needed, until desired hair removal results are achieved.
The device has five levels of energy from 1 (the lowest) to 5 (the highest), represented by five energy level indicator lights. The energy level you use controls the intensity of the light pulse projected on your skin during hair removal treatments, from the lowest level to the highest level. As the energy level increases, so do hair removal results, as well as the risk of possible side effects and complications. Please read your product manual thoroughly to understand these potential impacts. Also remember to always start treatments at the lowest energy level and increase it gradually as your personal comfort allows.
How to adjust energy levels
When the device is turned on, the energy level is automatically set to level 1 automatically. Only one energy level indicator light will be on. To change the energy level, press the control button repeatedly to button again to reduce the energy level from 5 back to 1.
For best hair removal results, always begin your first use at the lowest energy setting.
Pulsing and Gliding
Pulsing is the best technique for treating specific spots or small areas. It’s ideal for facial hair removal (such as upper lip hair removal), men's back hair removal and treating other targeted areas of the body.
To pulse, press the treatment surface against your skin. Work in rows either across or down the treatment area. The treatment surface creates temporary pressure marks on the treated area so you can see areas you have treated. After each pulse, move the treatment surface to the next spot. Keep doing this pulsing action for the area you are treating.
Avoid gaps or overlaps as you use the device.
Gliding is the best technique for treating larger parts of the body. This technique is perfect for leg hair removal, under arm hair removal and treating large sections of the body.
To glide, press the treatment surface firmly against your skin and slowly glide over your skin (either across or down as shown in the image). Make sure that the treatment surface is always touching your skin.
At lower energy levels, the device takes only one to 1.5 seconds to recharge between pulses. This generates a nonstop sequence of flashes. Glide at a regular speed to ensure you avoid gaps or overlaps