Choosing the Best Armpit Hair Removal Treatment Method
You shouldn’t feel self-conscious about throwing your arms in the air at a sporting event or waving them while your favorite song is being played at a concert. Furthermore, we don’t think anyone should feel like shaving is the only solution, especially when there’s a permanent option available.
Armpits are a popular body area to treat with respect to hair removal. While most women regularly care for their armpits, men have also added it to their regular grooming regimens. The question that most face is what treatment will do the most thorough and effective job of making our armpits hair-free and silky smooth.
Common treatments like shaving have been in practice for a long time but do they actually offer the best results? Does waxing or sugaring work on an armpit’s concave form? Do at-home hair removal devices like the Silk’n Infinity or Express provide the results you’re after? These are the questions everyone should ask while deciding on how to attack armpit hair.
Let’s explore the different ways you can remove armpit hair without stress and frustration. We’ll start by looking at the pitfalls of more popular methods. Then, we’ll introduce you to The Infinity and Express hair removal devices, learn the basics of how they work, what a treatment looks like and why we think you’ll agree it’s the best option.
Why Shave your Armpits
Besides the aesthetic advantages that most people enjoy by removing armpit hair, there are other reasons to make this an integral part of your health and beauty routine.
By having no armpit hair, you will experience less friction in that area. This can be especially important during exercise or physical activity. Less body hair makes it easier for you to cool down when you’re feeling hot. Additionally, your skin will be able to better absorb deodorant and you should experience a reduction in unpleasant body odour since hair traps sweat and provides an environment for bacteria to easily breed.
Traditional Hair Removal Methods
People have used just about every hair removal technique on their armpits:
- Laser Hair Removal
- Depilatory Creams
Each is effective to an extent. What this means is that there are limitations associated with each method. Sugaring and waxing are painful and provide only short-term results. Laser therapy and electrolysis work, but are both costly, time-consuming and require multiple sessions. Depilatory creams use harsh chemicals that can irritate skin and have a strong scent that many find too unpleasant to make it a viable option.
And then there’s shaving, the most popular technique that produces only one positive outcome—immediate results. Shaving is easy. You can do it during or right after a shower or bath. You only need a razor, some shaving cream or gel and a moisturizer to apply post-treatment.
There are challenges to shaving your armpits:
- It’s sneakily expensive as you must buy new razors and shaving cream every month, indefinitely.
- Post-treatment you can experience stubble, rashes, bumps, redness, irritation and itchiness.
- Even the best results will only last a few days. This varies on the individual, but shaving is obviously a continuous treatment.
Despite these challenges, people get trapped in the seemingly endless cycle of shaving, stubble and irritation and inevitable regrowth. If you are deadset on shaving until you are ready to commit to something more efficient, here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure armpit is wet with warm water. This will make skin soft and supple. If you are prone to ingrown hairs, exfoliate your skin before shaving.
- Raise your arm over your head. Make sure your armpit is taut so a razor can make contact with your skin and work at the base of the hair shaft. This will reduce the likelihood of cuts.
- Apply an even layer of shaving cream or gel.
- Use a good quality sharp razor. It is recommended to replace razors often as a dull one can do more harm than good while not thoroughly removing hair. Be sure to keep it wet in between strokes.
- Shave in strokes that go against the direction that hair grows until you’re happy with the amount of hair that is gone. Wait 10-15 minutes after you’re out of the shower before applying anti-perspirant.
- Rinse and repeat on your other armpit.
Yes, it’s relatively cost-effective and treatment duration is only 10-15 mins (in most cases), but if you are results-oriented and want smooth underarm skin for longer, then there is a much better and permanent hair removal option.
At-home Hair Removal Devices
Silk’n designed and developed the Infinity and the Express hair removal device to help both men and women remove pesky armpit hair. Both devices feature the same state-of-the-art technology that powers other Flash&Go hair removal devices. This patented, FDA cleared, and proprietary technology is Home Pulsed Light (HPL) and is what allows users to perform safe and effective hair removal treatments in the privacy and comfort of their home. No spa appointments, no hot wax and definitely no painful razor burn.
What separates Silk’n from other hair removal devices is the ability to deliver the same standard of treatments in about half the time compared to other at home hair removal devices. It’s quick, convenient and allows users to fit a session in prior to work or in a small window of time before going out for the evening.
Silk’n hair removal devices can be used to permanently remove armpit hair. While it’s not a device meant for quick upkeep, and it takes some planning and time performing treatments, it’s well worth it in the long run.
Five million satisfied users worldwide can’t be wrong, right?
Planning and Performing Treatments
With proper treatment, you will see noticeable results in 4-6 weeks. The best results, though, are experienced in 8-10 weeks. You need to follow directions to a tee and commit to a post-treatment maintenance program.
You should use the device once every two weeks for the first four or five sessions. Then switch to monthly treatments and eventually only use as needed.
To remove armpit hair, follow these directions:
- Make sure skin is clean, dry and shaved. There should be no remnants of powders or creams.
- Quickly press the central button. This will activate the Energy Level 1, the lowest setting.
- Place the device in your armpit. Make sure it is pressed firmly against skin. At this point, the Ready Indicator Light will slowly blink.
- Press the pulse trigger. The sensor will determine skin colour and whether safe application is possible. A pulse of light will be emitted. Don’t worry if you feel a slight warming sensation or hear a popping sound, this is perfectly normal.
- Treat both armpits in their entirety.
Silk’n hair removal devices offer a wealth of valuable features and benefits:
- Faster pulses, which translates to shortened treatment durations
- No refill cartridges necessary – good for a lifetime of treatments
- Batteries not required
- Leaves skin smooth and supple
- One-time fee - inexpensive compared to other permanent hair removal options
Commit to a complete treatment plan to enjoy the very best results. Do not undermine your efforts by cutting corners. Treatments are simple and results build over time until your armpits are completely hair-free.
The Express works wonders on an user’s armpits but results will still vary based on skin tone and sensitivities and hair color. The Infinity offers more flexibility for skin and hair tones, and uses galvanic energy for more effective hair removal, destroying even deeply rooted hairs, which has the added bonus of stimulating your skin, leaving it supple and soft.
Get your Express or Infinity Hair Removal Device Today!
Silk’n hair removal devices offer the best hair removal treatment for your armpits, bar none. They help people achieve silky smooth and radiant skin that makes them look and feel great.
If you are ready to commit to a treatment plan, then purchase your hair removal device today to get started on the hairless skin you have always dreamed of! If you want to learn more, visit our Hair Removal Resource Centre where you can get tips and expert advice on hair removal.