Prevent Acne - Tips & Tricks to Treat Pimples
Tips and Tricks to Treat and Prevent Acne
Acne is just plain unpleasant. There’s no other way to say it. According to recent studies, nearly 85% of young adult’s experience acne in some form. It’s a condition that is uncomfortable at the best of times, and in severe cases, can progress to the point where the acne leaves behind permanent scars (cystic acne). Acne can be a condition in which people suffer in silence, struggling with ineffective acne treatments and the personal insecurities that acne can cause.
The good news is there are treatments & habits you can develop, and products you can use that will alleviate many of the symptoms and effects that acne has on your skin. The research that has been done and the technology that has been developed to help acne sufferers has advanced greatly, and many options available today can make a huge difference in the lives of those that suffer from this common skin condition.
Here, we will look at some of the most effective treatments you can use to alleviate the symptoms of acne, prevent it from recurring as well as minimize the severity of its appearance.
Skin Care Habits to Help Treat and Prevent Acne
The first set of tips are related to habits you can develop that will help minimize the effects of acne, as well as prevent future breakouts.
- The first tip, and one of the best tips, is to simply avoid the miracle acne remedies. If it sounds too good, or too crazy, to be true, then it probably is.
- A quick search online will show you dozens of bizarre “acne remedies” that sound like something out of a spell book. If an acne cure calls for things like rubbing your face with garlic, keep looking.
Washing & Cleansing
- Next, don’t over wash your skin. This may sound counter-intuitive, but it’s possible to damage your skin by washing too often, too hard, or with the wrong cleanser for your skin type.
- A general rule of thumb is two times per day, and make sure you’re using the right soap for your skin.
Picking & Popping
- Avoid the temptation to squeeze or pick at blemishes, unless they are literally, ready to burst. Sometimes it’s hard to resist, but squeezing or picking at pimples can increase inflammation, and more importantly, damage the skin and is the main cause of scarring.
Routines & Regimes
- Stick to a schedule. It’s not uncommon to become discouraged when you don’t see results immediately, but remember that changes to your hygiene routine can take a while to show a visible impact.
- Once you find a system that works for you, stick with it and let the habits work their magic.
Skin Care Products to Help Treat and Prevent Acne
Now let’s look at a handful of products that you can use to help treat your acne as well as minimize the chance of recurrence.
- The right moisturizer can make a huge difference in the control of acne. Dry skin will have pores that clog more easily, so avoid any that contain drying agents like alcohol, as well as petroleum ingredients, as they tend to clog pores more easily. Stick to moisturizers that are either water-based or gel, as they will be lighter moisturizers and gentler on your skin.
- One main ingredient that you’ll want to look for is salicylic acid, common in many products marketed for acne sufferers. This helps to both reduce existing acne and prevent future breakouts.
- Cleansers are another critical product to help with acne. Like moisturizers, you’ll want to look for a cleanser designed with the right ingredients, not one that is simply going to scour off three layers of skin.
- Be sure to look for things like salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide on the ingredient list. These are two of the most effective ingredients at gradually penetrating pores to remove the clogs and dirt that can make acne worse.
Acne Treatment Devices
- In addition to cleansers and moisturizers, devices such as the Silk’n Blue Acne Eliminator offer a safe, natural and painless way to supplement your acne-fighting routine.
- The Silk’N Blue acne treatment device uses blue light technology that targets acne-causing bacteria in your pores and reduces excess oil production, reducing the chance, and severity of breakouts.
Fighting acne can be frustrating, as is finding the right combination of products and skin care regimes that work for you. That’s why it’s so important to do your research and make sure you’re aware of all the leading acne treatment options. Learn how they work and how they prevent acne from coming back, or getting worse.Hopefully these tips help you understand the basic pillars of treating acne, remember that by implementing the right skin care habits, and by using the right acne treatments, you can get & keep the beautiful, blemish-free skin you deserve!